This workshop can be attended as a ‘stand-alone’ course, thereby allowing you to enjoy and learn from the workshop without the academic (written / research) work prior to attendance. After completing the workshop you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance. Our courses are designed so that the learners who attend the workshop are not disadvantaged by not completing prior Home Study.
This workshop is a relaxed, fun day covering basic dog handing and dog training techniques, to include:
- Learn to assess canine body language.
- Teaching a dog some basic exercises.
- Understand the use of various types of dog training equipment.
- Explore marker training.
- Learn about the use of rewards and timing in dog training.
- Practice many exercises, including recall training, loose lead walking, touch, stays, watch and other useful exercises.
- Observation of human and canine body language.
- Discover basic dog handling techniques.
- Attend a dog training class.
- And of course, working hands on with dogs.
This workshop is held at the Kennel Club Building, Warwickshire.
Students are required to bring a dog with them. (See ‘Workshop Date’ below)
Tutor’s for this Course
Slide right or left for more views
This workshop costs £195. Payment can be made with PayPal (you do not need to be a member). You can pay direct to our bank, our banking details will be shown at the checkout, they will also be emailed to you if you choose this option. You can also pay by cheque, again details are shown at the checkout and emailed to you.
The next available date for this workshop is Saturday 22nd September 2018 at the Kennel Club Building, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, CV8 2LZ
Your tutor for this workshop is Ross McCarthy and Vicky Lawes.
This workshop is completed in one day.
On passing this workshop you will be mailed a physical certificate of pass. Please ensure we have your correct postal address.
This workshop is approved by the PETbc